We have been conducting genealogical research over 30 years as fee for service and on a voluntary basis. Some of our time has been spent volunteering at the local LDS genealogical library, teaching senior citizens to perform research online, giving public genealogy workshops and seminars for Italians, plus personally performing research in Italy. We are proud to be a referral service for the Burlington County Library System.
Under the tutelage of Sr. Giulio Salemme, a professional genealogist living in Italy, we have been educated in Italian customs, culture and interpreting 19th century Italian documents. We are grateful to him for his advice and friendship over many years.
How long should my project take?
We like fast results so we work around the clock. But many variables are involved so timing is unpredictable; we will keep you up to date on progress weekly if not every few days. Our initial free records search should give a timeframe, but some cases can take weeks, others months. Your family tree took centuries to grow, it could take many months to discover.
how does this work?
Once you've indicated the package or packages that interest you we will email you within 24 hours to introduce ourselves and learn what your goals are.
Then you'll receive an email containing a detailed questionnaire to be completed and returned to us so we can immediately begin the first stage of research, the free assessment of available records; within a few days you will be advised of the results.
The more we know, the faster and more precise we can be. At times a phone interview may be necessary in order to clear up questions quickly. Genealogical research relies on data that is as accurate as possible.
The next stage is up to you - we hope you will allow us to continue the journey. Payment will not be due until your decision is made, at that time a retainer equaling 15% of your total package cost will be due. This amount will be deducted from your final payment, leaving only the remaining 85% to be paid at completion.
What does it cost?
If food grew on trees we would never have to charge. Oh, wait...it does!
Nevertheless, we try to keep fees low enough to give access to those who couldn't afford research before, while still rewarding ourselves for such intensely focused, sometimes frustrating, work.
Suppose you don't find anything?
If our initial free records survey doesn't turn up any clues, relatives or hint of a paper trail there is only a small probability of success. Our advice is that this may not be in your best interests unless you want to invest the time and money necessary for a lengthy search.
How long have you been doing Italian Genealogy?
We started our research over thirty years ago, learning and building our
knowledge base along the way. Doing research in Italy was the pinnacle of our experience and taught many lessons about the culture and history of our ancestors. Reading the 19th century Italian records requires knowledge of the culture at the time the documents were produced, understanding the "legalese" and an ability to read the beautiful cursive script.
How do you accept payment?
Personal checks only for the time being. We will begin research as soon as your questionnaire is returned to us but will not release any information until payment is received. Paypal is an option for consideration.
How will you collect my information and is it secure?
We will email you a lengthy form to be completed and returned to us as an attachment to email. If you prefer, you may use US mail, FEDEX, etc. We will also set up a time for a phone interview in order to clarify details. Your information is never shared with anyone or any entity; your email is never shared and we will never contact you for purposes other than to collect and share information about your genealogy.
WHEN CAN YOU BE REACHED?
We are available via email almost 24/7 and by phone every weekday. Email us to schedule an evening or weekend call. Our response time is so fast, it's almost legendary!
RATING out of 5: 5+!
Dolores C, Ridgeway, NJ, April 2017:
1. Were you satisfied with the final result of this project?
2. Would you give a brief explanation of your answer to no. 1?
I received a thorough family tree dating back several generations. I loved looking through all the old paperwork: ship registries, birth & death certificates, etc. The translations were obviously incredibly helpful. Even if it wasn't my family, it's a fascinating glimpse into the past and how different things were. And I LOVED the pictures of the ships themselves! Great idea to include those!
3. Did you find Genealogy Your Way responsive? Please explain briefly.
Very responsive! I received responses in a very timely manner, and was informed of potential delays and progress throughout the entire project. I was extremely satisfied with how quickly I received the final product. It was finished well before my requested timeline, for which I am very appreciative.
4. Did you feel your goal was reached ? Please explain briefly.
Absolutely. My mother has always been interested in finding out when/how her ancestors emigrated to this country, and now she has concrete answers
Thank you so much, Dolores. As I researched your ancestors they did become alive and cherished; it's so gratifying and humbling to know you and your mom were this happy with the result.
Donna P, Brooklyn, NY, Feb. 2017
I can't say enough about the services provided by Genealogy Your Way. I've discovered things about my family I never thought I'd know. Loretta is so resourceful - the documents she has shown me are truly amazing. She has gone way above my expectations. We aren't finished yet but I couldn't be more pleased. Don't hesitate, I highly recommend.
Donna, I really appreciate your kind words and humbling praise! This project will take quite a few months but the results will be worth it.
Heather V-R, Lancaster, CA , July 2016
1. The service was above and beyond!! You are so knowledgeable and personable, and have a true enthusiasm for your work. I felt as though my family was adopted by you, as if my ancestors were as important to you as your own. You always responded quickly to any questions I had, and updated me frequently on progress, so I never had to wonder how things were going.
2.The service was far above whatever expectations I had, and the pricing was excellent.
3. I was astounded at all the information you were able to find! I was beyond thrilled to get copies of Italian records, as well as the English translation for them. One of our family's mysteries finally got solved - what exactly was my great grandmother's name, and who her parents were. This research also found more questions - I guess my great grandfather's father will stay a mystery!
4. Would you recommend Genealogy Your Way to others? Absolutely! I was impressed at how much information you found, over so short a time. This was done for my dad, for Father's day. Sitting down with him and going over our family's story was priceless. And I enjoyed the information from the websites you directed me to.
Thank you, Heather, you and your family were a total delight! It was a great pleasure to be of help.
From Bruce Garwood: Aug 2016
I have been searching for a family member for 45 years; not even a hint. Then, along comes Loretta and it took her about a week to find something that I just knew never existed. She has been an actual marvel! She follows up with you on everything and actually does things "your way". I have paid other genealogists and never got anything! Well that isn't exactly true, one of them sent me the info on a man that was born after my relative that I was looking for, was. She really produces. I would trust her with anything, even my family searches. You just can't go wrong with Loretta! I feel just like she is family!
Thank you so much, Bruce. You've been a delight to work with, so were your ancestors ! :)
Because of your efforts I was able to establish contact with cousins on my father's side of the family, but the BIG surprise was when I found out that I have a half-sister! _ John B., Marlton, NJ (addendum: John found his sister through a DNA test plus our internet research, they met for the first time April, 2016)
Leo C., Bordentown, NJ Feb 2015
Loretta went way beyond the pale in helping me with my family history. Without her help I never would have found anything pertaining to my family's heritage. I heartily endorse her in any endeavor. I and my family are tremendously satisfied with her work.
when is final payment due?
Your goals determine completion of your project. Your final payment will be due at the time we reach those goals and prior to releasing the completed project to you. (During our research you will be continually kept apprised of our progress, especially as new questions arise and your input required. You will never be left in the dark.) At the start we will ask a retainer equal to 15% of the total cost, this payment will be deducted from the case fee, leaving the remaining 85% due at completion. You will never pay more than the agreed upon fee unless travel or rental of LDS films are necessary, in which case your permission will be requested.
We hold your trust in the highest regard and will NEVER share ANY of your information, whether family data or email, with ANYONE unless by your written request. We abide strictly by the APG Code of Ethics.
I never knew we had relatives who served in the Civil War or that my great grandparents came from Germany. The information you found was amazing! _ Peggy P., Newtown, PA
My family thought all my Italian relatives came to America. So we were really surprised when you found nine siblings for my great grandfather and one of them coming to Philadelphia